My CV in English.
Mein lebenslauf auf deutsch.
Mijn cv in het Nederlands.
- I used to be active in the Dutch translation of Firefox, Thunderbird
and related projects but am now only emotionally involved.
Unfortunately, there is no Belgian version. I am eager to start one,
but have until this day not found enough people to help me with it,
and it is too much work to do alone. If you are interested, let me
I am proud to present my latest achievement: Firefox will
from now on use proper ellipsis symbols (U+2026: …) in all of its
- My heart also goes out to the OpenTaal
project. We are working on an open-source
spelling dictionary for the new Dutch spelling. The word list is
recognized by the Dutch/Belgian spelling authority.
- I also help out in a lot of other translation projects for
open-source software, such as Eclipse and the GNU translation project.
- I’ve been bit by the Wiktionary bug,
where I can be found as Hamaryns (administrator now!),
and am spending way too much time editing pages there.
- Check out the ultimate team in Tübingen.
- A lot of other hobbies and time-consuming activities exist, but
they, by their nature of being time-consuming, did not deserve a
place on this web site, yet. Maybe later…
- I’m afraid I’m on Facebook and
some other of those “social” sites.
- Direct democracy! The way to go in Europe (and the rest of the
world). Aktion Volksabstimmung
works on this in Germany.
- Solving the problems in the world would be so easy, really:
- Spend all the money that is spent in military now on education,
especially on projects on actively living in peace. How to spread
this money, you ask? How about free education for all? Free meals
in school? Free school trips? Free writing material? …
- Create a “health tax” which would primarily make sugar and
sweeteners more expensive, probably white flour also and spend this
money on health infrastructure. Probably tobacco, alcohol and other
drugs (see below) should be taxed heavily as well. This should even
appeal to more right-wing oriented people: make people pay for it
if they make themselves unhealthy. Similarly: free health care,
also support alternative medicine, …
- Create an “environment tax” (or make the existing ones more
consistent) which makes petrol products (especially kerosine) so
expensive that it is more interesting to take the bycicle and spend
this money on investigations in regenerative energy, environmental
work and cycle lanes.
- Most importantly, introduce a basic income. It has been
sufficiently proven that this is possible.
- Oh, and don’t forget the Tobin tax.
- Did I mention the EPAs should be
- Finally, to make life easier on our dear politicians, we would
of course install direct democracy (see above) to have the system
Those are my less controversial ideas. I’d also like to see
churches abolished (mind: not religion), but people probably can’t
And interestingly, I see my own ideas evolve over time. That’s a
positive effect of writing them down: when you reread, you see how
you have changed yourself.